Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
[CM] Sökk

Siegfried Token

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Just reopening an old survey made in our server.

After a lot of research done during the gameplay of many players, we discovered about the abusive use of the Siegfried Token.

This abusive way to use it brings a several standard game functions useless, such as the need for a high defensive character or even support team.

With this conclusion, we reformulated the cost of Siegfried Token, but it wasn't enough and ended up harming just the newbie players on our server and further distancing the newbies from the veterans.

Based on all this, we will add a global delay in each use the Siegfried Token to unify veteran/newbies gameplay. Thus, bringing back the need to have a support or someone to relive during instances/events.

Vote here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe43OOFaGmMg9nB0b2WGTXyu6XMFG1SbCQBuwza4iwfQgnA5w/viewform?usp=sf_link

We will reset all Siegfried Tokens and make them more rare. It will be available only by PvM medals.

Deadline in 11/29/2019

Do you have another opinion? Tell us!

Thank you!

Edited by [CM] Sökk
Fixed some interpretation issues

6 hours ago, False said:

How can shortening the cooldown encourage more party play? Isn’t it contradictory?

Hello @False, good to see you here.

Let me explain to you what we thought about it.

It's the same idea as before, but I would call it more "official" than the last one.

Although it seems, that isn't contradictory, it will have the same results but in a better way to everyone.

In my opinion, 15 minutes is a good delay, but there are too many reasons to make that "fair" to any kind of gameplay. Actually, people are playing more solo than in a party, but we are starting to think about developing some party reward system everywhere.

Many things are being developed at the moment, PvM mass balance is needed here. This is the first step like we did in PvP mass balance, step by step.

We will make everyone's Siegfried quantity be zero, making them extremely rare and to be frank with you, we didn't decide yet how we will do that.

For this reason, this topic is active again, we are needing opinions to make this server a better place for everyone. 

How do you think that could be good for everyone?

Thanks for your reply

First 2 are irrelevant if you were talking about reduced cooldown.

On 21/11/2019 at 4:49 AM, [CM] Sökk said:

After a lot of research done during the gameplay of many players, we discovered about the abusive use of the Siegfried Token.

How come one can abuse the use of Sieg token when there is a 15min cooldown? 

On 21/11/2019 at 4:49 AM, [CM] Sökk said:

This abusive way to use it brings a several standard game functions useless, such as the need for a high defensive character or even support team.

I don't see your point at all. Going to battle with higher defence character means that you have more time for dealing damage but less dps; whereas glass cannon relies on high dps and has shorter effective time to deal damage. After a glass cannon has used token once, he cannot abuse it anymore. Well, he actually can abuse his free time to wait for the full downtime or rerun/quit the instance. Same for the high def one, but he will last longer on his second chance.
If both high defence player and glass cannon player can only last for the same amount of time then the problem might be: is he glass cannon enough? Is the high defence one really defensive enough? Or is it just because the glass cannon class broken?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 22/11/2019 at 3:06 AM, [CM] Sökk said:

In my opinion, 15 minutes is a good delay, but there are too many reasons to make that "fair" to any kind of gameplay. Actually, people are playing more solo than in a party, but we are starting to think about developing some party reward system everywhere.

This looks more like a good solution to me. I am greedy so I will try to find a party if that can make me progress faster.

In short, I do think both of your options are viable but keeping the cooldown high would be more flexible. You can choose to run an instance for 20min in a party for more rewards or 50min if you prefer solo with less. For making Token harder to get, you are forced to get party otherwise you are doomed. In addition, vets will only be at advantage.

Hello @Louisee,

19 hours ago, Louisee said:

How come one can abuse the use of Sieg token when there is a 15min cooldown?

As said before, this topic was just a repost from an older survey on our server.

So, the text is the same as before. For this reason, you commented about and I agree if that was the real topic. 

It was a mistake, I didn't warn you guys about the "repost" in the topic. I already edited that now, thank you.

19 hours ago, Louisee said:

If both high defence player and glass cannon player can only last for the same amount of time then the problem might be: is he glass cannon enough? Is the high defence one really defensive enough? Or is it just because the glass cannon class broken?

And yea, exactly what I was really about to say to you, That's some of PvM problems we have in our server.

Do you have any opinion about how to solve that?

Suggestion: Next time keep a poll in the forum and not outside, so you can link the votes with registered players.

6-8mins is fine for cooldown in my opinion.

If you want to delete all tokens then I sure expect there to be a compensation provided to the players who will be loosing tens of thousands of badges worth of tokens.

As for deletion. Frankly it doesn't matter to a veteran player since I barely ever use a token. It hurts new players I guess. 

A party reward system works better to promote party play. Making seigs hard to get hurts people who can't match timezones.

My two cents.

Hey @Effigy, well, about the Siegfried wipe. You guys can have no worries about it, if that really happen, the staff will compensate everything.

We will discuss that internally about what could be the compensation gift.

Thanks for your comment about the poll, I didn't know it!

The survey is over, as you guys voted. 

The best option for Siegfried delay is 4 minutes. Just to make it clear to everyone, it doesn't mean that will be applied today or in the next patch note. 

This survey results will be analyzed internally and our admin will give the last word to you all!

I hope you guys understand!

Thanks for your participation!

Have a great week everyone!

Edited by [CM] Sökk